It was designed and built especially for that purpose by the shipbuilder Federico Contessi in the city of Mar del Plata, province of Buenos Aires. Then, it was transported by land to Puerto Pirámides.
On board of the Yellow Submarine, passengers will be able to watch whales walking around on the outdoor upper deck at their pleasure as a conventional tour, or they can watch them on the lower deck as if diving among them. On this underwater level, 40 viewing windows with their own seats allow passengers to watch the submarine environment.
- Dimensions: length overall 17.20 m - beam overall 4.00 m – draft 2.10 m. See layout.
- Total weight: 47 tons
- Hull material: Marine stainless steel
- Seats: 50 passengers (including crew)
- Visual range on upper deck: 360°
- Visual range on submersed lower deck: 40 windows (20 on each side)
- Engine specification: 2 x Mercury Verado 275 HP (550 Hp)
- Cruising speed: 6 knots
- Safety on board: The semi- submersible is equipped with life rafts, individual life jackets, VHF radio, chartplotter, GPS (Global Positioning System), echo sounding and firefighting equipment.
- Water closet: Yes
CREW ON BOARD
- 1 captain (professional skipper – whale watching guide)
- 1 mariner (whale watching guide)
- 1 bilingual guide (Spanish and English)